Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pen Pal Project

So I had a friend the other day complain about having to throw away (or recycle) her daughter's artwork.  Her daughter was distressed every time any paper she drew on had to disappear.  This gave me an idea.  I'm going to be setting up folders for different members of my family and friends who live out of town.  The folder is going to have a few letters stamped and addressed to that specific person.

I can now have my kids write a letter (or for the little ones draw a picture) to one of these people.  When my kids are done with an art project, they can select an envelope from a folder and mail it to a friend or family member.  This will help buy me enough time to get dinner done, a load of laundry folded, or anything else I need to do in 15 minutes.  My friends and family will be so excited to receive their letters, and my kids will have time to practice their writing (or drawing).

No comments:

Post a Comment